Clue The Musical

Haley Hinkofer, Staff Writer

Recently I have been obsessed with board games and one in particular more than others: Clue. My friends and I have spent hours playing the game, trying to figure out who the killer is, the weapon, and the room where the murder took place, so when Santaluces announced that the schools play this year was going to be “Clue the Musical,” I immediately texted my friends to say we were going.

The play was preformed in our schools PAC on March 9th, 10th, and 11th at 7:00 pm. The entry fee was $5.00 and all proceeds went back into our theater department.

The play was interactive, allowing the audience to play along with the cast to figure out who killed Mr. Boddy, with what weapon, and in what room. At the door, each person received a program and a game card was included inside. Three people from the audience were chosen to anonymously pick the killer, the weapon, and the room. Neither the audience nor cast knew how the murder took place until the very end.

The eight cast members were: William Booker (Mr. Boddy), Ana Tyson (Mrs. Peacock), Lorenco Gomes (Professor Plum), Alexia Law (Miss. Scarlet), Donovan Rodduck (Colonel Mustard), Soca Sanvail (Mrs. White), Christian Gardner (Mr. Green), and Zarah Cuevas (Detective). Each performed and sang wonderfully throughout the play.

When asked to reflect on the play, senior William Booker said, “Getting a lead as Mr. Boddy in the musical was an amazing experience and was very fun for me. It was my very first musical and I’m very happy about the outcome. It was just great working with amazing people and friends.”

The play was able to take a serious game and put twists’ and tons of humor into it. Throughout the play there were moments when I was crying because I was laughing so hard. Unfortunately, I was not able to guess all three of the possible outcomes. I got the person and weapon correctly, but Mrs. Gleason guessed it perfectly. On the night I went, the outcome was: Mrs. Peacock killed Mr. Boddy with the revolver in the Study- each night it was a different outcome.

Our schools theater department gave it their all to pull off this show and it turned out to be amazing! I highly recommend coming out to see out schools next play because our students have the passion and heart that shines through on the stage.