• Homecoming Dance Friday (No School)- Oct. 10/19

• Thursday Spirit Day (Pep Rally)- Oct. 10/18

• Wavy Wednesday(College Gear)- Oct. 10/17

• Powderpuff Game (Juniors vs Seniors)- Oct. 10/16, 6PM

• Tacky Tourist Tuesday- Oct. 10/16

• Mahi Mahi Monday(Twin Day)- Oct. 10/15

• Homecoming week- October 15th-18th

Take A Breath

Relax and have fun

Stephanie Ballesteros

Relax and have fun

Stephanie Ballesteros, Staff Writer

Having to be in school for 7 hours and 15 minutes may seem bad enough already, now imagine having to go to work right after that. That is the life of many of you, here at Santaluces. Aside from work, some students take on extracurricular activities, like a sport or club of some sort. On top of all of this, some even decide to dual enroll.

Although everything aside from school is an option, students are still inclined to stress out over these things since it will look good on college applications. Adults hold high expectations toward students and this may at times place a burden on them instead of encouraging them.

“Basically, I’m taking 7 classes at school and then an extra class at night. So, I have more homework, which is pretty stressful,” stated Crecia Lumas, 12th grade, when asked how she felt about taking on dual enrollment classes. “My parents support me in taking dual enrollment classes but at the same time, they put more pressure on me to pass all of my classes, not understanding that I have a big pile of homework to complete in a week for 8 classes.”

It’s okay to take a moment to breathe. As a student, there is no necessity to have everything figured out yet. High School is an amazing time to find your style, friends, likes, dislikes, and so much more. It is important to place to shaping who we are but that does not mean no fun or room for some fresh air can not be included in between.

Throughout your life, school is the one place you spend most of your time at. These 4 years will never happen again once they are over, they are over. With that being said, make them count, create a story that can be told at college parties and family dinners. Go to every sports game, school dance, pep-rally, assembly, and even after-school events. Some of the best memories can be created at these activities. Don’t let somebody make you feel bad for having school spirit. Nobody wants to look back at their high school years and wish that they had done more. Stay on top of your work, have fun and remember to breathe.

About the Photographer
Stephanie Ballesteros, Staff Writer

Hi, I’m Steph. This is my second year in the Newspaper and I’m a senior so I’m obviously very excited. I am the Social Media Manager of The Tribe and can’t wait to document my last year of high school. I have interest in broad topics such as opinions, reviews, entertainment, and life on school campus. In my free time, I love watching new shows on Netflix & Facetiming with friends. School spirit is very big for me; I love going to football games, pep-rallies, prom, and Homecoming. I expect my senior year to be be full of excitement and fun.