‘P.S. I Still Love You’ Book Review

Sophia Clifton, Staff Writer

‘P.S. I Still Love You’ is the sequel to the novel, and Netflix film, ‘To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before.’ Jenny Han is an American novelist who has written eight books in her successful career. Han based the ‘To All The Boys’ trilogy on her own habit of writing private love letters about boys she had crushes on. Han’s take on a modern teen love story offers a more relatable and touching story than most.

In this anticipated literary sequel our main character, Lara Jean, finds herself torn between two boys from her past. Lara Jean is happy with Peter and finds herself content and confident in her relationship. But, Lara Jean grows more and more insecure in her relationship as her ex-best friend Genevive creeps her way back into Peter’s life. An old friend of Lara Jean’s, John Ambrose, comes back into town and makes the situation even more confusing. ‘P.S. I Still Love You’ takes readers through Lara Jean’s conflict with herself and her relationship.

‘P.S. I Still Love You’ differs from its predecessor in many ways. For one, Lara Jean is more secure in herself and her choices. Lara Jean is a beloved main character because of her confidence and goodness. She considers everyone’s feelings and is extremely understanding of even her worst enemy. The novel takes readers on the same ride as Lara Jean herself is on; one might feel like Lara Jean’s best friend, listening to all her drama over the phone. One of the honorable mentions in ‘P.S. I Still Love You’ is Lara Jean’s beautiful relationship with her family. This is a refreshing change to the typical teenager who hates their parents and siblings. ‘P.S. I Still Love You’ is a wonderful book about love and finding yourself through high school and all its hardships.