Meet The New AP: Ms. Cacace

Charlize Quinto, Staff Writer

Coming from a small town by the shore of Niagara Falls in New York; Ms. Cacace, our new assistant principal, brings us years of educational experience. Cacace moved to Florida in 2010. Previous to being our new assistant principal, she was a Biology teacher and an assistant principal at Boca High School.

Before moving to Florida, Cacace got her degree in Biology at Buffalo State University and her Masters of Education at Canisius College. She was then recruited to teach Biology at Boca High and was there for nine and a half years. This extensive experience led her to her future position as an AP.

She acquired a degree in administration at Lynn University, one of the stepping stones to becoming an AP. For her final three and a half years at Boca High School, she served as an AP on their campus.

When asked why she prefers the high school atmosphere, she explains, “I love the interaction with the students. I love to get to know them, help them, and try to figure out what career path they want to go on to or what’s after high school, because a lot of kids don’t realize that. I like to help them create that path.” 

Now here at Santaluces, Ms. Cacace continues to help more high school students of all needs and different backgrounds, while also expanding her knowledge in working with students. 

“Don’t sweat the small stuff. The issues you have with your friends or people talking about you are not going to follow you in the real world. Don’t let what people think about you impact your daily life or how you view and shoot for your own goals.”