• The Tribe is now an SNO Distinguished Site!

• Senior Awards | 5/8

• Senior Checkout | 5/9

• Graduation | 5/15

Key Club Ceremony

Back to Article
Back to Article

Key Club Ceremony

Key Club logo

Key Club logo

Key Club logo

Key Club logo

Natalie Bruno, Staff Photographer

The 2019 Key Club senior cord and new officer installation ceremony took place on Wednesday, May 24th 2019. The purpose of this ceremony was to give the senior members their cords, retire the old officers and perform the installation of the new officers for the year of 2019-2020.

The ceremony started with the pledge of allegiance performed by Madison Morley and was followed up with the invocation stated by Narissa Jacquet.

Santaluces Key Club had the privilege to host several special guests such as the former Lieutenant Governor of District 21, Kyle Felter, new Lieutenant Governor of District 21, Selin Kavak, District Governor, Stara D’haiti, and Zone G Administrator, Gary Frechette.

Each officer then stated their remarks and service awards were given out to the people who showed the most dedication and leadership within the club. Sabrina Luu received the Key Club member service award, Paxton Brutus received the Key Club member of the year award and Ruldoph Civil received the Key Club officer of the year award.

“Prior to the ceremony, I was not really expecting anything but was astonished to have been recognized as a distinguished member for the service award. I feel very honored to have received this award and appreciate the opportunities that Key Club has given me.” said junior Sabrina Luu.

The senior cord ceremony then took place in which senior members and officers received their cords and certificates.

The 2018-2019 officers consisted of 12th grade officer, Ouassima Kenzi, Editor, Wanisha Thomas, Treasurer, Stefanny Resendiz, Secretary, Gabrielle Villanueva, and Presidents, Madison Elia and Ethan Jayne. These officers then retired their positions and began the installation of the 2019-2020 officers which consist of 11th grade officer, Narissa Jacquet, 12th grade class officer, Vanessa Castellano, Treasurer, Rudolph Civil, Secretary, Madison Morley, Vice President, Grace Dorman, and President, Zoe Farrell.

The new officers gave their remarks and the ceremony was finished with the Key Club pledge stated by Vanessa Castellano.

“My experience as a Key Club member was a very important one to me. It gave me the opportunity to give back to the community while also having fun with my fellow members,” said senior Madison Ford.

About the Writer
Natalie Bruno, Staff Photographer

Hi! My name is Natalie Bruno and I am currently a senior at Santaluces Community High School as well as one of the photographers for The Tribe. I have...