Other stories filed under Lifestyle & Opinion
Must-Do Holiday Activities
December 18, 2018
As the holiday season is rapidly approaching and it is arguably the most important time to spend with your loved ones, I have accumulated a list of exciting activities anyone could do to get into the holiday spirit!
- Hoffman’s Chocolate: Bring your friends and family to see the beautiful lights, meet Santa Claus, and vote on your favorite wreaths for free. They also have a new ice-skating rink which could be enjoyed while drinking their famous hot chocolate.
- The 100ft Christmas Tree: Visit Delray and see the biggest Christmas tree standing at 100 feet. You and your friends can admire the tree from the outside and take countless pictures. Or head inside and admire the beautiful toy houses and Santa’s reindeer.
- Lights at Cityplace: During this time of the year the streets of Cityplace are decorated with hundreds of lights which you can spend time walking around admiring the beautiful sights.
- Drive through neighborhoods: Many neighborhoods dedicate their time to make sure all houses in their area are decorated and ensure that people from around the town can drive through and enjoy the show.
- Watch Christmas movies: Fortunately there is currently a newer version of ‘The Grinch Who Stole Christmas’ out in theaters. So, on a nice chilly day anyone can bring their friends and family to enjoy the screening of this film in the drive-thru. Don’t forget to pack blankets and snacks!
- Build a gingerbread house: This is an activity that any age range will surely enjoy, just pick up a gingerbread set from your local supermarket and begin building and decorating. The box typically includes candy, icing, and anything needed to make your perfect gingerbread house, so no need to buy anything additional.
- Decorate your own ornament: This is also an activity that anyone can enjoy and is pretty affordable too! All that is needed are clear plastic ornaments and paint to decorate. You and your family can even make it an annual tradition and make an ornament corresponding to every year.
Make sure you take advantage of these fun activities anyone can easily do this year and happy holidays!