COS: Olivia Swabek

Olivia Swabek

Olivia poses in her Criminal Justice uniform, a school academy that she dedicates a large portion of her time to.

Ryan Jayne, Staff Writer

Olivia Swabek is a senior who has distinguished herself due to her academic and artistic accomplishments here at Santaluces.

She is a part of multiple clubs and activities, such as: Criminal Justice, Honor Guard, Chorus, Key Club, National Honor Society, Science National Honor Society, Photography Club, and Engineering Club. She has earned many awards including being in the top 10 of her class, booking over 1,100 hours in community service, outstanding leadership, and many, many more. She has also earned herself a nomination for the Vocal Pathfinder.

One of her favorite activities to participate in is Chorus, where she has become the President. “I worked really hard for this position so I’m glad to take this opportunity,” she said in response to the question of how she feels being President.

Olivia has been singing since she was practically a baby, stating her favorite song to perform is “There Are Worse Things I Could Do,” from Grease.

“Being able to be a musician and the sense of community in Chorus is what I really enjoy about it.”

She has had the honor to win awards from being in Chorus, including “Outstanding Achievement” among many. She is auditioning for All State Choir, which is a prestigious choir that would be a great accomplishment for any high school student.

Other than being in Chorus, Olivia is also in the Criminal Justice program here at the school. Her rank is Sergeant, and her favorite part about Criminal Justice is, “learning about the criminal justice system and law enforcement tactics, as well as giving back to the community.” She also participates in the programs Honor Guard.

Olivia plans on participating in the talent show, using her vocal talent to sing “Thank You for the Music” by ABBA.