Student Spotlight: Student Finds His Passion Early

Photo courtesy of Deundre Reed.

Skylar Cross, Staff Writer

Typically in high school, the question of,  “What are you doing after you graduate?” is one that is far more difficult to answer than any question found on the SAT. However, this is not the case for junior Deundre Reed, who has known since fifth grade what he plans to do with his future.

“My goals for the future are just to be happy with myself. I don’t care where I’m at or what I’m doing, as long as I’m happy that’s all I care about.

Reed fell in love with the music making process at a very young age and has been focused on it ever since.

“I grew up in a household of music,” said Reed, “I sat back and watched family make music. I learned from them.”

Besides his family and friends, Reed is inspired by artists like Drake and The Weeknd, and anyone that does “what they [have to] do to chase their dreams.”

At the age of only 16, Reed has already released a mixtape, performed four times (including locations like Miami and Sunrise), and has an EP in the works. Strangely enough, a girl from Spain recently contacted Reed, telling him that she loves his music and suggesting that he tour in Spain. All of which is unreal to Reed. In addition to the support he received from across the globe, Reed also gathers support in the halls of Santaluces, where several students wearing his shirts can be seen.

“Everybody supports me, I love it,” said Reed, ” I don’t think there’s anybody who fully doesn’t support me, [at least not] that I know of.”

As for future plans, Reed plans to continue writing, making, and releasing more music. He also hopes to share his music with more people and continue performing.

“After high school, I’m going to continue chasing my dreams, said Reed. “I’m not sure what my actual plans are, but my goals for the future are to just be happy with myself. I don’t care where I’m at or what I’m doing, as long as I’m happy, that’s all I care about.”

Check out his website at www.dreamteamotr.com!