College Touring: UCF

Ethan Mansdorf, Photo Editor

As the next generation of high school graduates approach their final days of free education, college is the biggest thing on most minds. Post-secondary education has become the ultimate goal for students pursuing a lucrative career and institutions such as the University of Central Florida offer the environment for academic and social success.

With 66,000 enrolled students, UCF is the largest university in the United States spread across 12 campuses and thirteen colleges employing more than 10,000 faculty and staff. Being in such a large school can be intimidating, especially coming from a high school of only about 2,300 people, so a college tour is the best way to learn about the benefits and life of the school.

The tour is composed of a few aspects:

1. General admissions and school information session
  2. Main campus tour
  3. An optional meeting with an admissions counselor

During the general admissions and information session you can gain a great understanding of the requirements for admission to the school, as well as any basic school information, such as population and specializations the school may be noted for. It’s also a good time to ask any questions regarding the campus.

The free main campus tour is about 90 minutes, but covers every building and area of interest throughout the school. You are guided by a university student who is well versed in the history and facts of the school to give you the most detailed and comprehensive experience possible. The tour will take you through classrooms, dorms, gyms, pools and dining halls as well as landmarks in the school. The guides are very knowledgeable and can answer most questions regarding campus life as they themselves attend the school.

At the end of your visit you have the opportunity to have a one-on-one meeting with a school admissions counselor who can help answer and final questions or concerns that were not addressed earlier.