• MLK Jr. Day: Monday 1/21

• End of Winter Break: Tuesday 1/8

T-Series, The New “King Of YouTube”

Christopher Vargas, Entertainment editor

If you look back in 2017, the biggest YouTubers were content creators who have been on youtube since the beginning. The biggest creator being Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg mostly known as Pewdiepie, holds the title of most subscribed YouTuber (“King of YouTube”) since 2013. No other YouTuber at the time was close to taking his spot, now 5 years later that will change. This year brought upon the fastest growing youtube channel to date, T-Series.

T-series is an Indian film production and music record label it was established in 1983. And to explain how this Indian entertainment company grew to have over 64 million subscribers, you have look at India as a whole. India according to Statista.com has 462 million people with access to the internet,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              more than 312 million internet users in the United States. And with T-Series having production studio quality content made for the 312 million people with access to the internet, it makes sense that this channel is blowing up in popularity. As of 10/4/18 T-Series has over 64,497,088 subscribers and gains over 100,000 new subscribers a day according to socialblade.com. This is extremely close to overtaking Pewdiepie at 66,645,943 subscribers according to socialblade.com as of 10/4/18.

The rise of popularity of T-Series can also be attributed to them posting very high-quality content multiple times a day. If you look at your favorite YouTuber, you’ll see they either post once daily or once weekly. Mainly because of the time it takes time to think of, create, and edit quality content to post. While T-Series has over 35 years of experience as a company producing entertainment content, it also has more resources and funds than other YouTubers which gives them an edge. If you check their page now you’ll find that they post at least three times a day, with millions of views on each video further increasing their presence on YouTube.

As it currently stands it’s only a matter of time before Pewdiepie is dethroned as “King of YouTube” and is replaced with T-Series. And is very likely that T-Series will remain the king for years to come if it keeps up this impressive growth rate. Felix will have to relish this title for as long as he can because those days are numbered.

About the Writer
Christopher Vargas, Entertainment Editor

My name is Christopher Vargas, editor of the entertainment section of The Tribe. This is my first year in newspaper and I’m already liking the class....