Here Comes Homecoming

8000+building+with+Spirit+Week+posters%21+

Cajisha Telusme

8000 building with Spirit Week posters!

Cajisha Telusme, Staff Writer

One of the biggest, most exciting weeks of the year is quickly approaching. Spirit Week!

Students are piecing together their costumes and our staff is rolling out the film for cameras. Don’t be left out! Here’s a full breakdown of next weeks festivities:

Monday (September 22nd, EVEN DAY): Disney Day / Powder Puff Game at 6 p.m. 

Get dressed up in your favorite Disney character inspired outfit. There will surely be some princesses, fairy godmothers and Mickey Mouse(s) running around bringing magic and joy to that day. Afterwards stop by and enjoy the powder puff game. A ticket costs $3.

Tuesday (September 23rd, EVEN DAY): Tacky Tourist Tuesday

Since we live in Florida, we know exactly what inspired this day. Huge sunglasses, floral button shirts, khaki bermudas with cargo pockets and a pair of mule strap sandals hit this look perfectly.

Wednesday (September 24th, ODD DAY): “When I Was A Kid”/Childhood day

Dress in your most iconic toddler outfit. Big diapers, a pacifier and some pajamas. You can wear anything that rocked your boat back in the day, or bring back some of your favorite childhood memories.

Friday (September 26th, ODD DAY): Spirit day

Scream, shout and let it all out at the Homecoming pep rally. This is the day you get decked out in your most impressive Chief-spirited outfit (within dress code limits).

Freshmen wear white, sophomores wear red, juniors wear black and seniors wear all three along with their crowns.

Saturday (September 27th): Homecoming dance

The final day of Homecoming week ends with a dance that starts at 8 p.m. which will be held in the gym at Santaluces High School. The ticket price is now $35.