Chiefs Host Movie on the Football Field

Come out to watch Guardians of the Galaxy to celebrate A-school status.

Cajisha Telusme, Staff Writer

Santaluces High School has raised it’s overall school grade to an A; after a year of hiatus, we’re on top again!

In light of this achievement, Santaluces will be presenting the feature film Guardians of the Galaxy on the 57,600 square foot football field for your viewing pleasure. Mrs. Robinson has been credited with coming up with the idea of a movie to reward students for their excellence and Mr. Kalina, English teacher, is collaborator and coordinator of the movie showing. It has been revealed that the date and time of this event is February 6th at 6:30 PM.

If you have not seen the critically acclaimed film, it is in your best interest to add the “Guardians of the Galaxy” to your Friday night schedule and tell all of your friends about it as well. After all, it is to celebrate and give the gift of a pleasurable movie experience to the real A-students: all of you!

It is free to attend and the only dress code is: Dress comfortably. You must have your student I.D. to enter the premises. If you do not have your student I.D. report to the Media Center before, during lunch, or after school to get a student I.D. made for only $5. It’s free if you’ve never had one. Mr. Kalina also wishes that no outside food or drinks are brought onto the field. In addition, backpacks are not allowed!

Members of yearbook will be selling beverages to raise money and teachers will be selling popcorn and other food during the viewing.

Never has this been done in Santaluces history on such a large scale as the football field, which makes this celebration even livelier.

Santaluces continues to celebrate its students with unique rewards and opportunities to socialize among the student body of different ages, class rank, and social clubs. Come out and enjoy the showing of Guardians of the Galaxy on February 6th at 6:30 PM.