Bell Schedule During SAT and FSA Testing Week

MCT

300 dpi Wes Bausmith illustration related to the SAT tests. (Los Angeles Times/MCT)

Bonnie Praphatphong, Staff Writer

The bell schedule will be adjusted for the following weeks, February 29th, 2016- March 11, 2016. All grade levels will be affected by the SAT testing. Here is a breakdown of the schedule for the week of February 29th-March 11th.

Week 1– February 29th to March 4th

1. Monday, February 29 (7 Period Day)- Monday will be a normal seven period day for all students.
  2. Tuesday, March 1 (7 Period Day)- Tuesday will be a normal seven period day for all students.
  3. Wednesday, March 2 (SAT Bell Schedule)- There will be no 1st period, 3rd period, and 7th period for all students on Wednesday. Classes to be attended are 6th period, 5th period, 2nd period, and 4th period.
    • Freshmen– All freshmen will be in their 6th period from 7:30 am till 11:05 am. From there they will go to their 5th period until 12:50 pm. Then, they will go to there normal designated lunch either Lunch A or Lunch B. Next, all freshmen will go to 2nd period and end the day with their 4th period.
    • Sophomore– All sophomores will attend a writing seminar to prepare for the FSA, that will be taken the following day.  Sophomore will go to their 6th period for the first 10 minutes of classes and be dismissed with a pass to a designated room.  After, they will follow the same schedule above as the Freshmen class; ending their day in 4th period.
    • Juniors– Juniors will attend their 6th period at the bell and then be given a pass to their testing location. After, they will be dismissed to their testing room until 1:00 pm for lunch. There will be three lunches and all juniors will attend Lunch C till 1:45 pm. Juniors will then go to their 3rd period and end their day with 7th period.
    • Seniors– All seniors will go to their 6th period and be dismissed to the PAC. Seniors will be in the PAC for nearly 3.5 hours watching a movie. Students will not be able to go to another classroom and must stay in the PAC. The scheduled followed is 5th period, Lunch A or B, 2nd period, and 4th period.
  4. Thursday, March 3 (FSA Writing for Gr. 10)-This day will have a adjusted bell schedule. Classes attended are 1st period, 2nd period, 3rd period, 5th period, and 7th period.
    • Sophomore- All 10th graders will report to their testing room and stay their until 10:10 am.
    • All other students– All students not taking the FSA will go their 2nd period class until the testing block ends at 10:10 am. Then they will report to their 1st period until 11:05 am. Then, students will either go to their 5th period or go to Lunch A.  The periods after lunch will be period 3 and period 7.
  5. Friday, March 4 (7 Period Day)- Friday will be a normal seven period day for all students.

Week 2– March 7th to March 11th

1. Monday, March 7 (7 Period Day)- Monday will be a normal seven period day for all students.
  2. Tuesday, March 8 (Adj. Bell Schedule)- The schedule will be adjusted for FSA Writing.  All students who are not testing will be in their 1st period until 10:10 am.  Classes attended, as followed, are 1st period, 2nd period, 5th period, 4 period, and 6th period.
    • Freshmen-All freshmen will report to their testing location and stay there until the testing block is over at 10:10 am.
    • Other-Students not testing will be in their 1st period until the testing block is over. All students will go to their 2nd period, followed by Lunch A or 5th period based on the location of their 5th period. Then, Lunch B and Lunch C will follow for all other students like normal. All students will go their their 5th period, 4th period, and end the day in their 6th period.
  3. Wednesday, March 9 (FSA Writing Retakes Grade 11, 7 period)Wednesday will be a normal seven period day for all students expect for Juniors who have missed the FSA Writing test.
    • Retakes- All students who are taking retakes will be given a pass to their testing location during their 1st period.
  4. Thursday, March 10 (7 Period Day)– Thursday will be a normal seven period day for all students.
  5. Friday, March 11 (7 Period Day)- Friday will be a normal seven period day for all students.