Who Should’ve Won Offensive Player of the Year

A picture of a Miami Dolphins Tyreek Hill home jersey.

Offensive Player of the Year (OPOY), along with many other awards, are given away to the players who have shown the most during that season. The voters break it down to five finalists before they choose the winners. The five final players chosen for the OPOY award include Tyreek Hill, Lamar Jackson, CeeDee Lamb, Christian McCaffery, and Dak Prescott.

This year, San Fransisco 49ers Running Back, Christian McCaffery, won the award, but someone may have deserved it more. Dolphins’ top Wide Receiver, Tyreek Hill, has shown out all season scoring thirteen touchdowns. According to ESPN, he led the NFL in receiving yards having a total of 1,799 yards. His ability to have that many yards is also due to him being the fastest man in the NFL running a 4.29 40-yard dash. Although Christian McCaffery has scored more touchdowns, Tyreek has helped the Dolphins have a good season compared to the last couple of years. His background in track is what has helped him be a better faster receiver over the years.

Tyreek Hill has dominated the position as the Wide Receiver he is and will continue to over the years. Hopefully, he will be able to win the award next season. Or even better, he could become MVP.