Athlete Profile: Leah Fleurinor

Herff Jones

Leah Fleurinor posing in her track uniform for her Senior photos.

Selena Avilla, Staff Writer

Leah Fleurinor is the producer manager for our newspaper, The Tribe. This is her second year at Santaluces High School and she is already captain of the cross-country and track teams. Her goal for the track season is to beat her personal record and continue to have good sportsmanship throughout the season. 

After graduation, she plans to major in chemistry and attend a two-year college, then transfer to Florida A&M University. Over the past break, she went to visit the campus and fell in total awe. She knew instantly that was the college she wanted to attend.

Her favorite subject is Math because everything seems to fall into place within her brain easier. Leah’s favorite song is The Brightside by Lil peep. She stated, “I relate to it and when I listen to it I feel soothed because he is going through similar situations.” When she is not doing school work she can be found running around her neighborhood, drawing, reading, meditating, doing yoga, or working at her job. She also enjoys watching anime. Her favorite anime is Naruto. Her favorite thing in life is her music, her dog Bisou, and her friends Steph, Selena, and Chlo. 

The two coaches that she really looks up to are Coach Padgett and Coach Chad. She says it is because “they motivate me to push past my limits.” Her favorite teacher is Mrs. Harms, the head of our newspaper. She motivates all her students to reach their goals no matter how challenging they seem.

When asked what advice she has for her fellow Santaluces students she responded “Don’t be afraid to try something new.” We can’t wait to see how she closes her Senior year at Santaluces High School. Best of Luck!!