Athlete Profile: Anatay Smith

AnaTay Smith
AnaTay Smith posing after a game

We are officially six weeks into the 2023 regular season and there’s been some great play from players all over Palm Beach County. One of these players attends our school and his name is AnaTay Smith. Tay is a Wide Receiver here at Santaluces and has been playing phenomenally all season.  

Through six games, AnaTay has 11 receptions, 187 yards, and 4 touchdowns playing inside of a high-powered Chiefs offense with great skilled players all over the field.  Despite Tay’s success from this season, he said that he believes he could always do better on being a team player, making sure that the other guys on offense get open and touch the ball. 

For the remainder of the season, Tay emphasized the goal of making it to the state championship game, but that the Chiefs want to take care of their district by winning all of their district games to win another district championship. Personally, Smith says that he wants to reach 1,000 receiving yards and 15 touchdowns in the year. 

Lastly, AnaTay spoke about how he feels about the team moving into his Senior year next year.  He said, “I feel that we will have a pretty good team, we have some guys that can really play that are only Juniors.  If we are able to get a few more pieces to add to this team we can have another great year.”   

AnaTay Smith currently holds seven Division 1 offers from FAU, Bowling Green, Western Kentucky, West Virginia, Western Michigan, Massachusetts, and Pittsburgh.  After this season is over, expect Tay to have a lot more coming his way.  Continue to watch out for Tay for the rest of the season, torching secondaries all over Palm Beach County!