Athlete Profile: Caden Gordon

J’Nai Davis
A picture of Caden Gordon #7

Recently, I was given the opportunity to interview a student on the Varsity Football Team: Caden Gordon.

Caden Gordon is currently a Junior, student-athlete here at Santaluces High School. He plays football and has been playing since he was 4 years old. He loves the sport and would like to make it to the NFL.

Football was his first love. He was inspired to play football by his brothers. Caden grew up watching them play while on the sidelines. He decided to try it out and loved it.

Since 2015, he wanted to go to Ohio State University for school after seeing them win a championship and he wanted to make a statement since then, he wants to prove to others that he can do it! His goal in the future is to make it into a D1 college so his family can watch him on TV and show people he is the best on the field!

When I asked Caden what his favorite football game from this season was, he said, “My favorite game was the game in Louisiana—even though we lost, it was a good experience as a team. It was a fun game, and I had a great time. During my time in New Orleans, I was just chilling and worrying about the game.”

Caden follows one quote, “Sometimes you are going to have bad days and good days, but you can’t do the same thing and expect a different result.” He tells himself this before every football game while trying his best on the field.

If he had one piece of advice to give, then it would be, “Wake up every day and say, today is another day to be great and spread [positivity] to others.”

We look forward to seeing Caden Gordon set his goal on making it to the NFL!