Save The Date!
  • Graduation: 05/14
  • No School: 05/27
  • End of 4th Quarter: 05/30

Lake Worth Street Painting Festival

Allison Bower
National Art Honors Society chalk square at the festival.

This weekend was the Lake Worth Beach Annual Street Painting Festival. Over 600 artists gather in Lake Worth to decorate the streets in chalk. Artists are given a section of the road and spend the first day “painting” and typically finish by Sunday, giving them time to enjoy their artwork before the next rain washes it away. People from the public come to view the wonderful artwork and enjoy the festival experience. There are also food vendors, small businesses, and local artists with booths set up throughout the festival. 

On Saturday, February 24th, Santaluces’ National Art Honor Society (NAHS) and Photography Club attended the festival as artists and photographers. Each club got their section to design and worked hard all day to create beautiful chalk drawings. I got to walk around with other members of the Photography Club to take photos of the event. It was amazing getting to see how much thought and care the artists put into their masterpieces, as well as watching the creations develop as the day went on.  

Enjoy these photos of the event taken by Allison Bower!