Save The Date!
  • Graduation: 05/14
  • No School: 05/27
  • End of 4th Quarter: 05/30

Boynton Beach

• 10 PM
    76 °
  • 11 PM
    76 °
  • 12 AM
    75 °
  • 1 AM
    75 °
  • 2 AM
    75 °
  • 3 AM
    74 °
  • 4 AM
    74 °
  • 5 AM
    74 °
  • 6 AM
    74 °
  • 7 AM
    75 °
  • 8 AM
    76 °
  • 9 AM
    77 °
  • 10 AM
    78 °
  • 11 AM
    79 °
  • 12 PM
    80 °
  • 1 PM
    81 °
  • 2 PM
    81 °
  • 3 PM
    81 °
  • 4 PM
    80 °
  • 5 PM
    80 °
  • 6 PM
    79 °
  • 7 PM
    78 °
  • 8 PM
    77 °
  • 9 PM
    76 °
  • 10 PM
    76 °
May 2
81°/ 75°
Patchy rain nearby
May 3
81°/ 74°
Patchy rain nearby
May 4
81°/ 75°
Patchy rain nearby
Poll

This poll has ended.

Are you ready for testing?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

@shsthetribe on Instagram
View this profile on Instagram

The Tribe (@shsthetribe) • Instagram photos and videos

Chiefs Attend “Casablanca” Prom

Students dancing on the dance floor and taking in the beauty of the venue and decorations.

From a very young age, everyone dreams about how memorable and exhilarating their Senior prom will be. On Saturday, April 13th this dream came true for the class of 2024. Although the event mainly focused on Senior Chiefs, we thank the class of 2025 for hosting and being in attendance at one of the most carefree and joyful events of our high school career.

The event began at 8 pm when everyone began walking through the hotel in search of the door that would lead to the main dining/entertainment area. There were two tables outside of the entry door with administrators and teachers who checked off each student’s name on the list as well as examined their receipt and ID.

Gold, pink, teal, orange, and blue decorations were placed from one side of the room to the next, as well as being present at each table and visible in the photo props and backdrops. The tables featured a combination of each color with the addition of feathers, flowers, LED candles, and floating candles that glowed as the night carried on. Food and drink options were available on both sides of the room, some of which were lemonade, brownies, empanadas, pizza bagels, spring rolls, and Pepsi. There was also a candy buffet table that featured a variety of candy options, Starbursts, jelly beans, Nerds Clusters, Skittles, Twix, Hershey Kisses, Jolly Ranchers, and Tootsie Rolls were some of the candy options available for students to fill their candy bags with.

Students danced the night away with their classmates, guests, teachers around the room. The DJ played songs suggested by students and kept the crowd hype. The dancers on stage taught the crowd TikTok dances and offered the students a chance at winning the party bus and earning our ticket money back by having the most fun possible and following an Instagram account. A best-dressed contest was hosted around 10 pm, students could either walk the stage by themselves and choose to model their outfits and moves or bring a friend.

After the contest was over, everyone danced a bit more and raided the food and drink tables before the awaited presentation of the prom queen and king nominees occurred. While everyone danced and sang along to songs together, the nominees stepped outside to prepare for their grand entrance.

Each nominee was able to become the center of attention as the dance floor cleared and the lights darkened. The nominees took everyone’s breath away as they strutted across the dance floor with their sash , flamboyant character, and outfit choice.  The female nominees stood on the left side while the males stood on the right while Ms. Robinson was in the middle with a bouquet in hand for the queen. The most awaited moment occurred as Alisha was announced as Prom Queen and Greg as Prom King. Everyone was so happy for them and began snapping pictures, recording videos, and cheering them on from the dance floor. Their excitement showed for each other and themselves as they posed for pictures and danced their way off the stage.

This was my first and last time being able to experience prom, we thank Mrs. Johnson and Mrs. Harms as well as everyone who showed up or lent a helping hand behind the scenes. It was a fun and memorable experience that I wish I could relive over and over again. I was very glad to be able to party with my classmates before we embarked on the next chapter of our lives.