2017 Fashion Awards Recap

Faith Beaubrun, Fashion Editor

This years Fashion Awards (previously named British Fashion Awards) brought some firsts. The awards teamed up with  Swarovski who pledged £300,000 for their education foundation and set the goal of raising 10 million dollars in 10 years to educate young students. The night’s winners included Adwoa Aboah for model of the year, Donatella Versace won style icon and Raf Simons took home designer of the year. The red carpet looks showcased the best of fashion and self expression and here are some of my favorites of the night:

Jessica Kahawaty

This layered look is on trend this season. Kahawaty’s sharp contrast of  black and white tie in well with the grungy boot and feminine lace to give a soft but punk look.

Selena Gomez 

Selena is serving early 19th century  and 40s vibes with this satin dress and lace-up heeled boots. The fur coat gives off a more expensive look and brings it all together along with her laid back demeanor.

Winnie Harlow

This sweater and shirt combo is whimsical and flirty. The furry sweater and dramatic slit in the skirt compliment each other nicely. Harlow looks soft, yet confident.

Kaia Gerber

Gerber’s look is quite daring; the ruffled two piece is young, yet modern a perfect fit for the event.

Stella Maxwell

Maxwell’s take on classic suit was done well. Its the perfect balance of sophistication and elegance. The boots work as the accessory of the look, with its embroidery and embellishments. Stella looks like she means business.

Jordan Dunn

Dunn brought the perfect pop of color to the red carpet. The electric orange looks great on her skin and compliments her auburn hair.