Meet The Teacher: Mr. Woods

Damion Nosistel
Photo of Mr. Woods, a biology teacher at Santaluces.

Today, I’d like to introduce a very special teacher, Mr. Woods. I asked him some questions so we could get to know more about him. He’s only been here for a couple of years, so he is excited to tell us more about himself and his background.

What is something most people do not know about you?

Something that most people may not know about me is that I studied in medical school for two semesters in college.

What are your hobbies?

My main hobby is coaching football for Santaluces. I also love learning more about the sport so I can better guide my athletes toward a successful football season and bright futures.

What started your love for football?

My love for football started in high school. At first, I played because my dad wanted me out of the house and to be active (I was a lazy kid). After years of doing it, I slowly started to love the sport. It was my senior year in high school when it all clicked for me. Maybe it was because I wanted to prove a lot of people wrong. I ended up going to college and afterwards coaching.

Why did you become a teacher?

I became a teacher to help future generations. I’ve been a teacher for four years, and I plan to continue for twenty more. Nothing makes me more proud and satisfied than seeing a student finally understand the topic or get the score they’ve been working for. I enjoy teaching and seeing the growth in my students. If I could give all my students one piece of advice, I would say to “be the best that you can be, win the day.” It’s a phrase that has stuck with me since college, and it has helped me achieve a lot in life.