Sneak Peek into Spirit Week

Santaluces SGA
SGA’s Instagram: Homecoming announcement!

Santaluces’ Student Government Association (SGA) has recently announced our homecoming theme as Chiefs in an Enchanted Bayou. The title is a reference to “The Princess and the Frog,” which takes place in New Orleans and on a Bayou. As homecoming week approaches, SGA has prepared a number of fun events and activities in which all Santaluces Chiefs can participate. On and off campus, this will be a busy week you want to keep up with!

Firstly, spirit week, when students are encouraged to dress according to SGA’s daily themes to show off school spirit. Monday the 18th is Country vs. Country Club, where students dress either preppy or country. Tuesday the 19th is Spider-verse, where students dress like anything Spider-man-related. Wednesday the 20th is Barbie vs. Oppenheimer, where students either wear pink or black. Thursday the 21st is soccer moms vs. barbecue dads, where students dress up as stereotypical soccer moms or barbecue dads. Friday the 22nd is Spirit Day, where students wear their class colors: Freshmen are white, Sophomores are red, Juniors are black, and Seniors are all the colors. Class colors are traditional pep rally attire, and the pep rally will be held that Friday as well. Spirit Week will also be accompanied by lunch activities, so keep a lookout for what’s happening in the courtyard.

Our annual Powder Puff game is being held on Tuesday, September 19th, from 6 PM to 7 PM. Students who are getting a ride must have their pick up there by 6:50 PM. Our Juniors and Seniors have been practicing, so join the fun and watch our girls take over football. You don’t want to miss the football boys cheering on the sidelines.

Additionally, at lunch, tickets for the homecoming game will be sold. The Chiefs are set out to play against Royal Palm High School on Friday the 22nd at 6:30 PM. Currently, the Santaluces Football team remains undefeated holding a record of 3-0 while Royal Palm holds a record of 1-2. Additionally, at lunch, tickets for the homecoming game will be sold. The Chiefs play against Royal Palm High School on Friday the 22nd at 6:30 PM. The Santaluces Football team is currently unbeaten, with a 3-0 record, whereas Royal Palm has a 1-2 record. With anticipation building up as the day gets closer, this is a game you don’t want to end up missing! So bring a friend, grab a ticket, and come support our fellow Chiefs!

With homecoming just around the corner, this football game will hold a special announcement of the 2023-24 homecoming court. If you are interested in running, it’s not too late. Head over to student services, fill out your packet, and turn it in to room 2106 no later than 8:30 AM on Monday the 18th. Students must get 50 signatures from their fellow classmates, which must be in the same grade. Candidates will campaign on Tuesday and Wednesday, voting begins on Thursday, and winners will be announced at Friday’s homecoming game. Don’t forget to vote!

Homecoming will be held on September 23rd at our very own cafeteria, so buy your tickets on school cash online, get your outfit ready, and prepare yourself for the amazing night SGA has planned for us.