Chiefs Soccer: Seniors Dominate the Pitch

Santaluces Soccer Celebrates Senior Night with a Victory

Neiko Megrichian, Sports Editor

The Chiefs soccer team ended another successful regular season with a bang, out-scoring the Inlet Grove Hurricanes 8-0.

The eleven seniors on the squad set a goal and absolutely dominated, as they were fueled not only by their natural competitive energy, but also by what this match stood for. This was Senior Night, the grand finale for the players and their families.

Senior Night is usually the very last home game played during the regular season, and the players are honored and recognized individually as they take the field with their two closest supporters. This is the the only opportunity that the student-athletes have to truly shine and state their goals for their post high school endeavors.

Parents and allies never fail to turn on the waterworks when their athlete takes them by arm and begin walking those first steps down the midfield line towards the benches where the supporting cast of underclassmen teammates await their veteran role models.

The Hurricanes underwent abrupt domination by the Chiefs, which was expected by the upperclassmen on the Santaluces soccer team.

“We felt confident as a team that we could go out and defeat the opponent,” recalled senior ST, Renzo Villalobos.

Their confidence carried them far as they took on Park Vista in district playoffs, and defeated the Cobras in a hard fought victory, 2-1.

The Chiefs Soccer team will advance to the semi-regionals on Wednesday, January 31, where they will compete for a chance to continue to the regionals.