Softball Team Update

Jordan Foldy, Staff Writer

This seasons the Girls Varsity Softball team has started off pretty good. We have six wins and six losses. We have lost against Park Vista Twice, Boca Raton Twice, John I Leonard once and lastly Spanish River once. We have won against Boynton Beach twice, Somerset Academy, Cardinal Newman, and against Lake Worth twice.

The team had a game against Lake Worth High School this Tuesday at Lake worth. We scored 17 runs with no outs in the first inning and everyone got up to bat at least twice. Lake Worth’s first up to bat we got three outs consecutively. Then nothing was scored between the two teams and it ended up going through the third inning when mercy rule was called. Mercy rule is where if you have ten more points than the other team by the third inning then the team with the most points wins automatically.

The team just had a fundraiser at Chipotle on Saturday where the whole team, as well as their families and friends went to support the cause.  Fifty percent of the proceeds went to the team. Earlier in the season the team also had a fundraiser where they sold Santaluces merchandise to fellow students and family members.

The team has games or practices six days a week and is non-stop working hard to keep it going. There are ten games remaining for the season and the teams has already been playing for over a month.

Our next game is this Thursday at John I Leonard starting at six-thirty pm, so come support your lady chiefs.