Lady Chiefs Basketball Team Off to a Stellar Start

The final score against Royal Palm Beach highlights the dominance of our Lady Chiefs basketball team.

Azzurra Degliuomini, Editor

The Lady Chiefs wrapped up their second game of the season—and first home game of the season—last night with a decisive 53-15 victory over Royal Palm High School. Senior Kendra Bentley led the team with 16 points, while fellow seniors Celena Cooley and Kimiya Jerido each added 12 points to the total.

The Chiefs dominated from the start, allowing only one point off of a pair of free throws in the first quarter, and never letting up on defense, despite their lead. With 44 total offensive and defensive rebounds combined, and an astounding 30 steals, the Lady Chiefs paved a merciless path to victory for their first game on the newly minted Coach Willie Gibson Court.

This win along with the season opener against Stoneman Douglas, in which the Lady Chiefs won 68-34, puts them at 2-0 to start this season.

After their amazing run last year, Lady Chiefs basketball fans are excited for the rest of this season!

And in case you missed the game, you can watch Kendra Bentley put up two in traffic here!