Chiefs Beat the Odds

Santaluces Highschool vs. Pahokee Highschool
Don Darius
Santaluces Running Back getting a very clutch first down!

Santaluces football team consistently shows off what their team is capable of when given the chance. With all odds against them and with many people doubting them, the Santaluces Chiefs came out with the victory against Pahokee High School leaving behind a score of 38-14.

The many talented players that make up the Santaluces football team make it difficult to choose just one person as the star of the show. For instance, Santaluces Running Back, Derrick Williams, continues to demonstrate his talents after running for 80+ yards and completing 2 touchdowns. Derrick William’s quick speed and shiftiness made it hard for the defense to contain him. Along with Derrick William, was Tyreek Brown another Running Back for Santaluces. Tyreek Brown rushing for more than 4o+ yards, and scoring a touchdown was a sight to see. The underrated Running Back Tyreek Brown showed off skills with his quick thinking and split-second decision opening up many pathways for Santaluces offense to proceed throughout the game.

When it came to receivers, Santaluces Receivers did not disappoint. Anatay Smith and Jahmar Browder produced exceptional results in this game. Anatay Smith with 5 receptions and 2 touchdowns left the crowds blazing with excitement. Anatay Smith showed that whether he was being covered or not, he would still be able to score. On top of Anatay Smith’s performance, Jahmar Browder showed off his ability to position himself in the best spot for him to utilize his height and reach for the ball allowing him to score a touchdown and 2 receptions in tonight’s game.

Santaluces Community High School once again has proved its capabilities with tonight’s statement game. As the season progresses and fans continue to cheer on the football team, we will have the opportunity to see just how far this team has progressed and whether their underlying talents are sufficient to secure states.