Chiefs Demolish Lake Worth

Santaluces High School vs. Lake Worth High School
HOCO+Game
Allison Bower
HOCO Game

Santaluces Senior Night was a resounding success, with athletes and their families turning out in full support, creating a heartwarming and memorable event. Halfway through the evening, a touching moment unfolded as the families of the athletes, including the football players and cheerleaders, made their way down the football field. This special opportunity allowed them to take a final walk on the field, serving as a memorable tribute to their high school careers and the conclusion of their last regular season. The event was filled with nostalgia and gratitude, emphasizing the spirit of Senior Night.

To end week 5 of the 2023-2024 football season, Santaluces Chiefs won the game against Lake Worth High School, leaving a terrific score of 55-14. The Chiefs’ performance tonight was an incredible sight to behold, leaving them with a 5-1 record this season.

Santaluces running back Derrick Williams covered more than 70 yards this game and achieved 4 first downs. Scoring 4 touchdowns with a 55-yard touchdown before halftime, Derrick William exceeded expectations tonight for his senior night. Santaluces receiver Anatay Smith completed two passes covering 30 yards, and Israel Marion completed two passes covering 50+ yards while securing a touchdown for Santaluces. Shyeia Deveauk threw a 33-yard touchdown and two 37-yard passes.

Santaluces’ defense securing Lake Worth’s football team to only 14 points was thanks to their Cornerback Amir Gibson and Ronald Olibrisse breaking up passes towards Lake Worth Receivers and holding them down to less than 60 yards. Honorable mention to Amir Gibson, who blocked a punt, allowing for Santaluces to recover it.

In conclusion, week 5 showcased an outstanding performance by the Santaluces Chiefs as they dominated the game against Lake Worth High School with a commanding score of 55-14. This victory not only marked a significant win for the Chiefs, but it also solidified their impressive seaon 5-1 record.