Save The Date!
  • Graduation: 05/14
  • No School: 05/27
  • End of 4th Quarter: 05/30

The Next Level!

Samir Hurtado, Keaton Kangas, and Matthew Martinez signing their National Letters of Intent. (Tre Robinson)

Recently, a few athletes on campus have been blessed with the opportunity to continue playing the sport of their choice at the college level. A few weeks ago, on national signing day, Senior running back Derrick “D2” Williams signed his National Letter of Intent to continue playing football for Concord University in Virginia. In the 2023 season, D2 totaled 874 all-purpose yards and 13 touchdowns to help advance the Chiefs all the way to the Regional Semifinals this past season. Derrick was also recognized by making it into the Palm Beach County Senior Bowl and Palm Beach vs Broward All-Star Game.

On Tuesday, three members of our Santaluces baseball team signed their National Letters of Intent to continue to play baseball at the collegiate level. Keaton Kangas, who plays shortstop for the Chiefs, signed his NLI to continue his baseball career at Florida Gulf Coast University. Keaton verbally committed to FGCU in October and is excited to continue his academic and athletic career at FGCU. Next, Samir Hurtado and Matthew Martinez both signed their National Letters of Intent to continue playing together at Palm Beach State College. Samir, who plays 2nd base for the team, made it public that he verbally committed to Palm Beach State in November and looks forward to continuing his career there. Matthew also made it known that Palm Beach State was going to be his new home in November and looks forward to continue making plays in the outfield for Palm Beach State with one of his teammates from high school.