Things to Know About Coachella

Get your shawls and dust off your aviator shades for one of the biggest music festivals of the year.

Angelica Dameus, Staff Writer

Many have read stories and seen pictures & videos of the “best music festival in California,” however, considering its upscale price and the 4,000 mile-long distance, a majority students at Santaluces haven’t actually been there to tell the tale. So, what really is Coachella?

Formerly known as the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, Coachella is an annual, two-weekend, three-day music and arts festival held at Indio, California. The event is very diverse, not only with the different music genres they showcase, but also with their audiences. Music lovers in the crowd range from smoky-eyed headbangers to pretty-in-pink pop princesses. The lineup for this year’s Coachella Fest is filled with popular and breakout artists, with artists like Drake and others like FKA Twigs.

This year’s festival will take place over the course of two weekends: April 12th-14th and April 17th-19th.

Another reason that Coachella has become so popular, other than its variety of musicians and artists, is the festival fashion. CoachellaFest has become the king of festival fashion, with its fashionable festival-goers decked out in their best. Celebrities like Kendall and Kylie Jenner, Vanessa Hudgens, and Selena Gomez have attended Coachella in previous years, never missing a beat when it comes to style.

Unfortunately, passes for Coachella 2015 are all sold out, but you can always start saving up for next year. However, going to Coachella does not come cheap, especially for residents of the Sunshine State. Travel costs would be pretty hefty, given the aforementioned thousands of miles that stand between Florida and California. Passes can cost up to thousands of dollars. Even parking ranges from $150 to $300. Nevertheless, the event is a major part of the music scene and many still think the expenses are worth paying.