Muggles in Potter World

Jessa Lopez, Staff Writer

At Château de Jolibert in Bourgougnague, France, a real-life school of Witchcraft and Wizardry will be opening next year. This rare and magical opportunity is made possible by the fans behind the Mimbulus Mimbletonia Association who are willing to educate the untrained muggles.

However, not everyone will be getting mails from owls to their mailboxes. Only 100 lucky students can attend this heaven-sent opportunity. Classes are offered over four days, May 25 to May 28, 2017. Students must be 16 or older and those who are under 18 will need to have a signed permission slip from their parents. Those four days that the chosen lucky muggles will spent in this school will be based on Harry Potter’s first book, The Sorcerer’s Stone. It means that students will engage in activities such as the sorting ceremony, learning how to play Quidditch and as well as taking Botany, Charms and Potions classes.

There’s another setback on this. Only fluent French speakers will be able to participate. So, muggles, start learning French or start brushing up your skills because all lessons and activities will be in French. Tickets will be on sale at the end of this year and for its price and it is still unknown how much it will cost.

To those who wouldn’t be able to go because of language barrier and money, just like me, let’s not feel down about this. Intead, let’s keep hoping for another golden opportunity like this to come and next time its for us.