Top 15 Must Watch Anime

Jessa Lopez, Staff Writer

Watching anime is a great way to spend your time if you have nothing to do. Just keep a check on yourself to make sure you’re not getting addicted to it, because it is likely. From action to romance to comedy, here are the top 15 anime you should watch right now.

1. Naruto – Uzumaki Naruto grew up alone and was treated like an outsider due to the menacing power residing within him. As he started his journey of being the greatest ninja in Konoha Village, he met other ninjas who will inspire, betray, and make him stronger. This is the start of a young, foolish, but determine boy to achieve his dream of being the next Hokage.
2. One Piece – Monkey D. Luffy is a devil fruit eater who dreamed of being a pirate. He embarks in his journey to sail the sea alone, but along the way he meets friends who are loyal to him. Together, they set sail on the vast sea to the Grand Line and find the ultimate treasure of all: the One Piece.
3. Dragon Ball Z – Following the adventures of Son Goku from his childhood to adulthood, he practices martial arts to obtain seven magical orbs by travelling around the world. These seven orbs summons a dragon that grants any wish when gathers together. In his journey, he meets friends and fight off opponents from other planets who also desires the seven orbs.
4. Hunter X Hunter – Together with their dream of being a Hunter, Gon, Killua, Kurapika and Leorio set into a dangerous game where their lives and futures are depended. Will they achieve their dream of being a Hunter or will they die trying?
5. D-Gray Man – Allen Walker is an exorcist with a unique power to see the trapped soul of people who had been turned into Akumas. With his newfound friends, Kanda, Lenalee and Lavi, they use their Innocence to erase every Akumas in the  world and put an end to their creator, the sinister Millenium Earl.
6. Code Geass – Former Prince Lelouch vi Britannia obtains a power known as Geass and use it to obliterate the Britannian Empire. It is a supreme and powerful monarchy regime that continues to conquer countries with violence and supreme military force.
7. Black Butler – After appearing back to his manor, Ciel Phantomhive brings back a mysterious butler, Sebastian Michaelis, with him. He also brings back revenge and a strong desire to punish the people who made him and his family suffer and killed them. The butler that he has brought with him is no ordinary butler. Sebastian is simply a “One Hell of a Butler.”
8. Bleach – From being a typical high school student to being a shinigami, Ichigo Kurosaki has a lot to learn in the Soul Society where he would fight evil spirits and dwell into various ghostly realms.
9. Inuyasha – After falling into a well that turns out to be a portal-like to another world, Kagome finds herself fighting off ferocious monsters and demons. She fights along side Inuyasha, a hot-blooded half-demon and half-human who sees her as his former lover, Kikyo. Will Inuyasha stay trap in his past with Kikyo or will he move on and see Kagome for who she really is? Find out!
10.One Punch – This story is about a normal citizen who choose to pursue the life of being a superhero. It started when he witnessed an attack and saved a kid from danger. Now, Saitama continues to pursue the career of being a great superhero by fighting off monsters and evil forces. And all it takes is just one punch.
11.Eyeshield 21 – Sena Kobayakawa is an introvert who joins the American Football Club as a secretary. But, after being invited (threatened) by Hiruma Yoichi, the captain of the team, into joining as their running back, he is not just an errand boy for bullies anymore. He is Eyeshield 21!
12.Katekyo Hitman Reborn – Sawada Tsunayoshi is a weak, no-brainer, and clumsy boy. Until one day, a baby named Reborn appeared at his house and introduce himself as his tutor. However, his tutoring sessions is far from the normal ones as it involves gun, more babies, war and raging fire. Also, he is the 10th future mafia boss of the Vongola family.
13.Full Metal Alchemist – Edward and Alfonso Elric performs the forbidden circle to bring back their deceased mother. However, it didn’t give them anything back, instead it took Edward’s right arm and leg and Alfonso’s whole body. Now, they are working for the government to look for the Philosopher Stone and give back what they had lost.
14.Detective Conan – A series of complex murders and mysteries has been happening here and there. Only one detective can solve all of these and it is none other than seventeen-year-old Shinich Kudoing at the park, Shinichi notices two men dressed in black carrying a suitcase. Before he knows it, he is drugged and get knocked out. When he wakes up, he notices that the drug didn’t kill him, but instead shrink his body into his seven-year-old self. What will happen to him now? Will he still be able to work as a detective or will he be stuck in a little boy’s form forever?
15. Fairy Tail – This series is filled with magic and rowdy bunch of magic users. It follows the story of Natsu Dragneel, a fire user wizard, who searches for a dragon named Igneel. He is a part of Fairy Tail, a popular wizard guild consisted of powerful other wizards like Ezra, Gray, Lucy and many more. Together with his group of friends, Natsu fights off evil wizards and discover secrets that will test their friendship and trust with each other. Join them in their crazy, hilarious adventures and epic battles! Don’t miss out!