Save The Date!
  • Graduation: 05/14
  • No School: 05/27
  • End of 4th Quarter: 05/30

The 2023 VMA’s

The MTV Video Music Awards, also known as the VMAs, have long been the stage where music, culture, and creativity all collide. It’s where we are able to see exciting music videos and watch our favorite artists perform live. These awards have a rich history of showcasing creativity and also stir up some interesting interactions and moments. So, if you are into music and entertainment, the VMAs are definitely something to look forward to each year. 

You never really know what will happen at the VMAs, this year brought many firsts. On September 12th, 2023, we saw Taylor Swift win 9 VMAs, Ice Spice winning Best New Artist, Olivia Rodrigo putting on an amazing performance, and many other artists making an appearance. This is no surprise for Taylor Swift since she has received 23 VMAs in her career, yet she remains very humble when it comes to the awards. When Ice Spice received the award claiming her the “Best New Artist,” it revealed a brand new and vulnerable side of her that many seemed to appreciate.

When I watched the 2023 VMAs, I enjoyed it, and it kept me very entertained. I feel that the MTV Video Music Awards are more than just a ceremony; they are a cultural phenomenon. The positive spirit coming from each and every artist makes watching it even better. Whether it is through powerful social commentary, groundbreaking visuals or memorable speeches, the VMAs have a way of leaving a lasting impact.