The Annual South Florida Fair

Stephanie Ballesteros, Staff Writer

The annual South Florida Fair came alive this past Friday and will only be here up until Jan 28.

There’s 17 days of “Magical Parades.” The themes are: Chinese New Year Parade, St. Patrick’s Parade, Mayor’s Parade, MLK Day Parade, Mardi Gras Parade, Pirates Parade, Junkanoo Parade, Oktoberfest Parade, Carnival Parade, Rose Petals Parade, Veterans Parade, Boat Parade, Thanksgiving Parade, and a Football Hall of Fame Parade.

The General Admission is $15 for adults, $8 for children, and $9 for seniors.

There are several promotions. For example, if tickets/wristbands were purchased ahead of time, money could had been saved. Publix was selling these items in November. Also, every Tuesday, the admission, food bites, and tickets are only $2.

To save even more money, it’s best to go during the week. Saturday’s and Sunday’s the wristbands go up to $40, instead of $25.

Aside from the rides, there’s a variety of fun competitions that happen at the Expo East Stage. Such as, twins competition, girl scout cookie eating competition, and many more.

How can the famous fair food be forgotten? There are loads of food stands providing the delicious fried oreos, funnel cakes, turkey on a stick, caramel apples, and so much more.

This is a great opportunity for students to recieve some community service hours. All that needs to be done is to sign up by going to the fair’s home page.

The fair only comes once a year for 2 weeks. Go out and have some fun!