Gilmore Girls – The Best Fall Show

Angelina Prieto
Gilmore Girls poster

As autumn approaches and the leaves begin to change color, people of all ages cozy up on the couch, searching for a show to watch that will surround them in the warm, comforting embrace of fall. One show that perfectly captures this essence is Gilmore Girls. With its lovable small-town setting, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee, and heartwarming family moments, Gilmore Girls has it all.

In the heart of the small town of Stars Hollow, Connecticut (the fictional town that serves as the show’s setting), we watch the lives of the Gilmore family, consisting of Lorelai and her daughter, Rory. Lorelai is known for her witty and quirky personality, but most importantly, her deep love for Rory that makes their relationship so endearing to watch. The town consists of interesting characters, including the town locals and Lorelai’s strict parents, Richard and Emily Gilmore. At the start of the show, Rory is beginning high school, and her youthful spirit and love for books adds a fresh perspective to the show.

People love Gilmore Girls for how it shows the beauty of fall. In the show, you’ll see the characters enjoying the crisp air and taking part in fall festivals. The cozy clothes and their love for the season make the show very inviting, the perfect thing to watch this season. Amy Soria, a student here at Santaluces, says, “It’s so funny and gives me a warm feeling every time I watch it.”

Gilmore Girls initially aired on television screens in the 2000 and was so popular that it ran for seven seasons. Lauren Graham, who played Lorelai Gilmore, became a household name for her iconic jokes and how well she played her character, and Alexis Bledel, who played Rory received a lot of praise for her acting. It’s early 2000s production era is reflected within the show with fun fashion, technology, and pop-culture references, making it feel like you went back in time.  The show’s popularity also led to a revival in the form of the 2016 show “Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life.”

Gilmore Girls is still loved by many today for its outstanding cast and ageless story, and to this day still attracts many new viewers. It is my all-time favorite show, and I ritualistically watch it every fall. I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone looking for a funny and lighthearted watch.

20
View Comments (20)