Halloween Horror Nights: A Bone Chilling Event

Liliana Stollberg
The light-up “Halloween Horror Nights” sign at the park

Halloween Horror Nights is an event at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. There are fun rides, food, haunted houses, and scare zones that you can enjoy this year until November 4th. I was lucky enough to attend recently, and it is an experience I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a horrifyingly thrilling night.

Universal Monsters Unmasked was my favorite out of all the haunted houses I visited. So many things were waiting to jump at you from behind the curtains. Every time I walked through a curtain, I threw it open and prepared to scream. Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count was a close second. While it may not have been the scariest, the set was amazingly built. It really made you feel as if you were a character in the Chucky TV series.

Walking through the scare zones was one of my favorite parts of the night. The clouds of fog and flashing red lights created a scary atmosphere, but the scare actors were what made it truly terrifying. Whether they were following you, screaming at you, or just smiling at you, it was exciting in the creepiest way. Sometimes, the actors would even come up to me and just talk as if there wasn’t fake blood running down their decaying faces.

Although most of them were closed, the thrilling rides were what completed the Universal experience. Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit is one of the best rollercoasters I’ve ever been on. The combination of twists, turns, loops, and the music blasting in my ears was something I’ll never forget. Other rides open at the park were, “Revenge of the Mummy, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ – Diagon Alley™, MEN IN BLACK™ Alien Attack™, and TRANSFORMERS: The Ride-3D. 

My biggest tips to anyone going would be to stay hydrated, eat food, and charge your phone. Since the park being open from 6:30 PM-2 AM, it’ll be a long night. Luckily, there are lots of fun food options. Some of the coolest ones I saw were the cordyceps corndog, sour apple pie, funnel fries, and peanut bloodier smash burger. It’s also a good idea to bring a portable charger because no one wants to be stuck in a park with a dead phone. And, of course, you’ll want to have a charged phone to take pictures of all the creepy things you see. Hope to see you there! For any further questions, check here.