My College Journey

christian Procsia photography

Football has always been a part of Will’s college journey.

Will Prichard, Staff Writer

My journey hasn’t been the most perfect one when it comes to recruiting and spotlight, now let’s get right into it.

I have started all four years of Varsity Football as my team’s Quarterback. It truly has been a blessing to start all four years, because not many people do that. Freshman year was a tough year for me because the year prior my team came off a magical State Championship run. I had a lot of weight on my shoulders as a Freshman to live up to those expectations and to be honest, I didn’t. We tallied a record of 5-5 and I was very disappointed, blaming myself for our losses.

However, my Sophomore year was much different. I spoke with my coaches over the off-season and I gained a lot of confidence. This year started off great; we were 4-0 halfway through the year and I had received my first couple of D1 scholarships. Then, there was a twist.

We lost the last two games of the year ending our season by us finishing 5-2. I went into that off-season with a lot of work to do, and I worked every day. Literally. Going into my Junior year, I had so much confidence and was expecting more offers, but we faced off against Cardinal Newman in week one and took the worst loss of my career with us losing 55-0.

I was crushed mentally; I thought all the people saying I wasn’t good enough were right. So, I had to bounce back.

We ended up winning six straight games, but then the road came to an end when we lost our last three games of the year with us finishing 6-4. I started sending my tape to coaches and I was getting no responses at all. I was wondering if no one wanted me. I got two small D1 FCS offers in February and then I decided it was time to move to a new school with a new opportunity, and that is what led me to Santaluces.

I came into Santaluces not knowing what to expect, but I trusted Coach Hector with my life. This year was my best year ever. I broke records, won championships, and won respect from people in the state, let alone the county. I have gotten so many new offers in my time here at Santaluces with schools such as Florida, Arkansas State, Georgia, Stetson, and Campbell.

My time here at Santaluces is coming to an end, so that means it’s decision time. I will be committing on Friday, December, 23rd. Tune into my Instagram page @_willprichard_ to see where I am going.