• Homecoming Dance Friday (No School)- Oct. 10/19

• Thursday Spirit Day (Pep Rally)- Oct. 10/18

• Wavy Wednesday(College Gear)- Oct. 10/17

• Powderpuff Game (Juniors vs Seniors)- Oct. 10/16, 6PM

• Tacky Tourist Tuesday- Oct. 10/16

• Mahi Mahi Monday(Twin Day)- Oct. 10/15

• Homecoming week- October 15th-18th

Chiefs Overcome Lightning Delay, Defeat Lake Worth 36-6

Kevin Fielder, Staff Writer

Despite an overnight lightning delay that stopped the game for 14 hours, the Chiefs were able to rely on sophomore running back Jahbari Hill and its strong defense to defeat the Lake Worth Trojans 36-6 on Saturday.

Twice in the second half of the game, the Chiefs were in the red zone. Both times, Hill walked into the end zone relatively untouched. The two touchdowns helped propel the Chiefs to 22 unanswered points in the second half.

The Chiefs would open up the scoring when senior quarterback Tyler Kintz found senior wide receiver Jerson Jacques on a quick slant. After a few quick moves, Jacques walked into the end zone, giving the Chiefs a 6-0 lead following a blocked extra point.

Following the Jacques touchdown, the Chiefs would go up by two scores after a rushing touchdown by senior Justin Raymonvil on a quarterback keeper. The score put the Chiefs up by 14 following a two-point conversion by senior Khalid Edouard.

In the second quarter, the Trojans would get one back on a goal line run. While the run would put the Trojans in the game, senior defensive end AJ Julceus would snuff out the two-point conversion, keeping the Chiefs ahead by eight points.

Following the score is when the resilience of the Chiefs would come into play. With 11:13 left in the 3rd quarter, the game was delayed following lightning in the area and heavy rain. As a result, the game would be played on the following Saturday morning.

Despite the delay, the Chiefs were able to stay together and continue their complete dominance during the win streak. In arguably their most complete game of the season. The Chiefs defense combined with the offense to put the Trojans out of the game early.

Halfway through the 3rd quarter, the Chiefs would strike from Jahbari Hill’s first touchdown from 15 yards out. Hill would take the left corner and use his speed to burn past the Trojans defense, giving the Chiefs a 21-6 lead.

In the fourth quarter of the game, the Chiefs would put a dagger in the game with Hill’s second touchdown of the game, putting the Chiefs up 28-6 late. Later in the quarter, an Andy St. Hillaire interception for a touchdown and two-point conversion put the Chiefs up 38-6, where the result would hold.

This week, the Chiefs face their toughest test this season as they travel to Atlantic High School to face the undefeated Eagles. Considered the cream of the crop in the district, the Eagles are ranked 14th in the state and feature one of the best offenses in the state.

About the Contributor
Kevin Fielder, Sports Editor

Hi, my name is Kevin Fielder and I’m a senior and staff writer who is focusing on sports. While this is my first year in journalism for the school, I have been involved in personal, more freelance journalism for a few years now. I’m a huge sports fan who has been watching sports for a majority of my life. Outside of sports, I’m really into video games and podcasts, which I mostly listen to while doing homework and other work. At school, I am also apart of varsity debate. After my high school journey ends, I hope to attend Florida Atlantic or Central Florida and pursue a degree in journalism, with a focus on sports journalism. With my degree, I hope to pursue a full-time career in journalism and travel the country covering sporting events and telling the story of influential athletes.