Ingrid Gray: Class of 1987

Estephania Cherilus

Ingrid Gray talks about her experience at a brand new Santaluces.

Estephania Cherilus, PR Manager

As the 40 year anniversary of Santaluces High School rolls around, I’ve decided to interview one of the school’s earliest graduates, Ingrid Gray.

What did you like best about Santaluces High?

Ingrid Gray tells me that she loves the fact that it was a brand new school. “It was a good school; the kids there were good, I saw that I could get a good education there and not worry about all the bad things going on in the school system today.”

Did you participate in any clubs or sports?

Ms. Ingrid indeed did participate in many activities. She was part of the Chiefettes, which are now known as our Lady Chiefs. She was a part of our drill team, as well! She was also in chorus.

What path did you take after school?

The Drill Team sure had a positive impact on Ms.Ingrid, she later went on to join the military where she served for ten years. “I spent ten years and traveled the world and saw a lot of things.” These experiences are what shaped Ingrid Gray to who she is now.

Do you have any advice for any current attending students?

Ms. Ingrid hopes that this current generation realizes their mistakes quickly and be able to fix them to build this world for the better.

Did you have any regrets you didn’t achieve in high school?

“No, I can’t say I have any regrets; I enjoyed my time at Santaluces.” I believe we can all agree that in 10-20 years in the future, we also have no regrets for not doing something in night school!

What is your biggest accomplishment?

“I’m a mother and I love to see my kids grow.” Ms. Ingrid goes on to tell me how she also loves life; she loves to grow and experience new things everyday.