Save The Date!
  • Graduation: 05/14
  • No School: 05/27
  • End of 4th Quarter: 05/30

Drake’s New Album “For All The Dogs” Review

Basia Vil
“For All The Dogs” playing on Spotify

Our favorite lover boy and lyrical genius, Aubrey Drake Graham, has just dropped his 11th studio album: “For All The Dogs!” The cover is a drawing of a dog (which pertains to the album name) drawn by his one and only son, Adonis. This album contains 23 tracks that feature ten different artists who are either currently on the rise or have been well-known for a while.

During the tour, Drake announced the new album coming during a show. He stated, “I’m tired of everybody coming up to me saying ‘Man we miss the old Drake’ and ‘We need that old Drake man’ Imma give it to you then.” He says that this album will be a tribute to more of his older music and I think that he indeed did include some of the fan-favored aspects of his older music. The song  “8 a.m. in Charlotte” is a perfect example of this. The smooth beat and melody accompanied the impactful and meaningful lyrics, making it, in my opinion, one of the most memorable tracks.

There have been very mixed opinions regarding “For All The Dogs.” I asked students all around Santaluces’ campus their opinions on the new album some of them being “It was overhyped,” “Drake disappointed with this one,” “This is one of his best,” and “I don’t listen to much Drake, but I really like this album,” “It’s mid,” and finally, “I”M A DRAKEALATOR NOW!!”

Personally, I really did enjoy this album and definitely added a good amount of songs to my playlists, but on the other hand, there was a tiny bit of disappointment because I truly was expecting more older-styled songs. However, the feature with J Cole on the song “First Person Shooter” and Yeat on the song “IDGAF” (two of some of my favorite artists along with Drake) made up for it.

Drake is arguably one of the best artists of this generation, with his various range of songs that captures every single mood made possible, his perfectly blended mixture of singing and rapping, along with his fun, sassy personality. His albums always include every single one of these elements. Therefore if you haven’t already, I heavily recommend giving “For All The Dogs” a close listen regardless of your tastes.

View Comments (1)