Save The Date!
  • Graduation: 05/14
  • No School: 05/27
  • End of 4th Quarter: 05/30

“Final Destination:” A Series Filled with Paranoia and Disturbia

De’juh Armani Hickman
The title slide of the movie, “Final Destination”

Directed by James Wong, David R. Ellis, and Steven Quale, the “Final Destination” series includes a total of five movies: Final Destination (2000), Final Destination 2 (2003), Final Destination 3 (2006), The Final Destination (2009), and Final Destination 5 (2011). If psychological thrillers or mystery movies are your guilty pleasure, this series is the one for you, it will keep you glued to your screen for hours on end.

1. Final Destination (2000):

Alex Browning, Tod Waggner, Carter Horton, Terry Chaney, Valerie Newton, Clear Rivers, and Billy Hitchcock board Flight 180 for a field trip to Paris. Before the plane takes off, Alex envisions a heart-stopping premonition that the plane will explode and kill everyone present. He becomes startled when fantasy becomes reality. He begins to yell and attempt to exit the plane while warning everybody else and causing a fight to break out between Carter and himself. The result is Alex, Carter, Tod, Terry, Valerie, Billy, and Clear being escorted off the plane. Of course, a little disruption won’t cause the plane’s departure to conclude, the plane takes off and explodes within seconds. Everyone becomes suspicious of Alex when the FBI begins to point fingers. When 7 people beat death, the afterlife seems to consume them one by one. How are the lives of the survivors being taken? Will any of the 7 survive? Will Alex and the rest of the survivors figure out the sequence of Death? Be sure to watch “Final Destination” to solve your conspiracies and unanswered questions.

2. Final Destination 2 (2003):

One year after the Flight 180 incident, Kimberly Corman, Shaina McKlank, Dano Estevez, and Frankie Whitman decided to enjoy spring break by taking a road trip to Daytona Beach, Florida. Kimberly is in the driver’s seat and seems to be in happy spirits until she enters a ramp to get on U.S. Route 23. Kimberly has a premonition of a log truck pulling into the middle of traffic, the logs will fly in all different directions, causing many deaths and a deadly pile-up. If death doesn’t consume you, you and your car will surely be defaced. She stalls everyone on the highway by blocking the entrance, which causes profanity and honks to engulf the air. The pile-up occurs, crushing some cars and taking the lives of their owners, 3 of the 4 friends are killed resulting in Kimberly and the rest of the survivors being questioned at the police station. As the survivors start facing unthinkable and dismantling deaths, Kimberly seeks the help of Clear Rivers, who has escaped death due to her being admitted to a psychiatric unit. When teenagers look death in the eye, will anyone come out alive?

3. Final Destination 3 (2006):

Wendy Christensen, Jason Wise, Carrie Dreyer, Kevin Fischer, and the rest of their classmates enter an amusement park in Pennsylvania. They board “The Devil’s Fight” roller coaster that includes terrifying twists and turns and up and down motions. Wendy has a premonition after being tied down to the rollercoaster, according to her, the restraints of the ride will fail, causing everyone to fly into the air and face gruesome deaths. Whether it be falling to your death or your skull being crushed, you are bound to face a horrendous death. She convinces Kevin, Ashley, Ashlyn, Frankie, Lewis, Ian, and Erin to exit the ride, shortly before the vision comes true. Convinced that Death has become a stalker, the survivors began to research Flight 180 and the possibility of beating Death’s call. Death seems to be taking out the survivors one by one, in the order that everyone was sitting on the roller coaster, luckily there is a variety of photographs to analyze.

4. The Final Destination (2009):

Nick O’bannon, Lori Milligan, Hunt Wynorski, Janet Cunningham, and McKinley Speedway decide to watch an auto race. Nick envisions debris being thrown into the crowd and stands collapsing. Like Alex, Nick panics and informs everyone that they should leave if they wish to leave, a fight breaks out, causing Lori, Janet, Carter, Hunt, Samantha, Andy, Nadia, and George to exit the stadium. Nadia attempts to discipline the group, as a tier flies in the air and decipates her. Like the other movies, everyone dies one by one. This movie is perfect for those who love mystery and thriller movies, it creates a sense of mystery when it comes to the order of Death’s call.

5. Final Destination 5 (2011):

Sam Lawton, Molly Harper, Nathan Sears, Peter Friedkin, Candice Hooper, Dennis Lapman, Olivia Castle, and Issac Palmer get on a bus for their journey to a company retreat. Sam envisions wind causing the bridge to collapse, causing heavy metal parts to fly and decapitate people, whilst a majority of the cars will plummet into the water. Sam, Molly, Nathan, Peter, Candice, Dennis, Olivia, and Issac leave just as the bride collapses. Like the other movies of the series, the survivors are investigated by the FBI and attend a memorial service. When the devil knocks at your door, make sure to slam it shut, and be aware death may sneak through the cracks and consume you.