Book Review: Marie Antoinette, Serial Killer

The+copy+of+Marie+Antoinette+that+I+read.+
Katherine Stollberg
The copy of Marie Antoinette that I read.

Recently, I was told that the book Marie Antoinette, Serial Killer is a great read. I was lent the book and after finishing it, I can definitely confirm that it’s a phenomenal story.

The main character of the book is Colette Iselin, an American girl from a middle-class family. Her best friends, Hannah and Pilar, are extremely wealthy girls who go to school with her. When they all set off on a school trip to Paris with their French class things get interesting. 

By the time they make it to Paris, there have already been two mysterious murders. No one knows how it’s happening or who is doing it but they know that every time the victim is beheaded. 

On her first full day there, Colette sees some very strange things. She keeps seeing this one old-timey-looking woman in particular, but no one else seems to. It’s almost as if she’s a ghost. But that can’t be true, can it?

In her journey for answers, Colette makes lots of new friends and learns that her current ones may not be the best for her. The young tour guide, Jules Martin, becomes a big help to her and they grow very close. 

As the trip continues, the killer keeps attacking and things seem to connect back to Colette’s ancestors. Specifically, a medallion that Collete’s great-grandmother left her seems to be tied to the situation. What could Colette’s family possibly have to do with mysterious ghosts and tragic murders?

The book is amazing and you should definitely read it if you like a fun murder mystery. It’s a very easy read, not graphic, and keeps you entertained. 

The author, Katie Alender, grew up right here in South Florida. She even attended Florida State University. While I wouldn’t say that Marie Antoinette, Serial Killer was overly creepy, she has many other scary books about murders, horror, and ghosts. If you’re into gothic and horror literature you should definitely check out Katie Alender’s books!