Hercules: The Best Disney Animated Film Ever

A+picture+of+Hercules+on+my+TV.+
Liliana Stollberg
A picture of Hercules on my TV.

I’ve watched plenty of Disney movies in my lifetime, but the one I will always go back to rewatch is Hercules, and that’s because it is simply the best Disney animated film.

One of the biggest reasons I love Hercules so much is because of the soundtrack. The movie starts off strong with the Muses singing. Their song, The Gospel Truth, not only provides backstory and explanations for the events in the movie, but it also just sounds amazing. Obviously, there are many great songs throughout the movie, like Go the Distance and Zero to Hero, but the movie’s most iconic song is I Won’t Say (I’m in Love). I strongly believe that song deserves to be played daily.

Another thing I love about Hercules is that it teaches you a lot about Greek Mythology. It may not be 100% accurate to the original myth, but if you want to know more about Greek Mythology, watching this movie will definitely introduce you to many famous gods and goddesses. Creatures like the Hydra and Cerberus, the three-headed dog, are also featured in the movie.

Hercules also has all the classic parts of a good Disney movie. There are many life lessons, like how you can overcome your struggles by believing in yourself and showing dedication to achieving your goals. There is also the typical lovable animal sidekick and a damsel in distress.

I think that everyone should watch this movie at least once. There is also a second movie, Hercules: Zero to Hero, where you get to learn more about Hercules’ second year. There is even a Hercules animated series!

View Comments (1)