Chiefs Raid Raiders

Matthew Leto, Sports Editor

The Chiefs continued their hot streak again on Saturday, facing the Glades Central Raiders. The Chiefs (5-1) won via blowout with a final score of 65-28, Sophomore Ryan O’Connor led the way with 12 points.

Early in the first quarter, the Chief’s turnovers kept the Raiders in the first quarter. However, the Chiefs stayed calm and did not allow the Raiders to run away with the game, leading 8-6 after a 3 pointer by freshman Chance Dixon.

In the second quarter, the Chiefs went on a 20-6 run, making the score 28-12. Sophomore Tylor Miller scored 6 points during this run, while senior Kendyl Williams delivered great defensive play.

The Chiefs were brilliant offensively in the second half, O’Connor got hot in the third quarter dropping 7 points.  The Chiefs extended their lead 40-20 after three quarters of play.

The fourth quarter was great for the Chief’s high powered offense, scoring 25 points and limiting the Raiders to just 8 while Chance Dixon hit a crossover that erupted the stands. Then, junior Darius Dixon hit a three pointer to get the offense rolling. Senior Martin Fernandez put up 6 points in the fourth, leading the Chiefs to a 65-28 victory.

After the game, junior Darius Dixon shed light on the victory.

“From the beginning of the game, we went out and gave it our all,” Dixon said. “We played hard, and executed our plays well.”