• Homecoming week- Oct. 10/15

Honorable Start to Softball

Ethan Mansdorf, Photo Editor

This week marked the start of Chiefs Varsity Softball season in a blow out home opener against the Lake Worth High squad.

With a score of 19-0, the Chiefs took home a major dub following losses against John I and Boca Raton. Having scored 8 of their points in the first inning alone, followed by 6 more in the second, the game was a clear-cut win from the first pitch.

But this game marked more than just a great win, it marked the growth of the Santaluces Criminal Justice Academy Honor Gaurd. Cadets from the Honor Gaurd came out to open the game with the presentation of colors with the National Anthem and to lead the crowd in a moment of silence for the tragedy of February 14th at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

“I feel the involvement of the Honor Gaurd in school sports is great because it shows respect to our countries flag and anthem,” said Cadet Lieutenant Anthony Ramanouth, of the Honor Gaurd. “It adds some patriotism to the events.”

The softball team is also optimistic for a successful season and enjoy having the Honor Gaurd at games.

“We have a new coach, new softball sisters, and I feel like this season will be a good one. We all grow together as a team and learn from one another,” said player Mackenzie Alexis Strickland. “Having the Honor Gaurd at our games is really cool. Watching them march out onto the field gets me excited and it’s a great way to get my blood flowing and heart pumping!”

All in all, it was a high scoring affair that meant a little more than just an ordinary game. The Criminal Justice Academy hopes to have more involvement with the school’s athletics as the Honor Guard team develops and according to Instructor Officer White, would eventually like to have a presence in all of the schools sporting events.

About the Contributor
Ethan Mansdorf, Photo Editor
Hi, I’m Ethan. For the past three years I have been roaming the halls of this school discovering the hidden stories and uncovering the extravagant and individual personalities of its students. As Photo Editor for the Tribe, I plan on making sure every major event in this school and community gets told with the best...
2 Comments

2 Responses to “Honorable Start to Softball”

1. Jerry GPa Rodriguez on February 27th, 2018 4:45 pm

I am very proud to see the young men and women of the Santaluces Criminal Justice program presenting our colors at these games. I served as a US Marine for 13 years and my first time home we were neglected and spit upon. This only shows we do have hope. This really brightens up the start of the game and motivates these young ladies to play. Hats off to the Instructors and students. This makes them proud to say ” I am a Santaluces Chief”.

2. Jerry GPa Rodriguez on February 27th, 2018 4:45 pm

• Honorable Start to Softball

Boys

Carnegie Scores Twice, Pushes Chiefs over John I Leonard 21-7

• Honorable Start to Softball

Featured Sports Story Carousel

Chiefs Volleyball: New Season

• Honorable Start to Softball

Boys

Changes to Football Games

• Honorable Start to Softball

Boys

Football Preview: Chiefs Open Up Season Against Seminole Ridge

• Honorable Start to Softball

Boys

Chiefs Reverse Tide, Defeated Suncoast

• Honorable Start to Softball

Featured Sports Story Carousel

Coach Price Freezes Out Competition for Winter Coach of the Year

• Honorable Start to Softball

Featured Sports Story Carousel

Chiefs One Win Away From States

• Honorable Start to Softball

Boys

Boys Soccer Strives to Keep Prestige

• Honorable Start to Softball

Featured Sports Story Carousel

Lady Chiefs Soccer Kicks Off

• Honorable Start to Softball

Featured Sports Story Carousel

Swimming Against the Current

Honorable Start to Softball