WEEK 1 OF THE 2022 FOOTBALL SEASON

The Chiefs playing their spring game a few months back.

Tre Robinson

Tre Robinson, Staff Writer

The fall football season is here, and the Santaluces Chiefs are hungry for revenge.

Coming off of a disappointing 1-9 season last year, the Chiefs came out last Friday in their pre-season kickoff classic game against McArthur High School and dominated with a score of 34-7.

This team looked like a brand new team compared to last year, and with quarterback Will Prichard leading the way with a total of three touchdown passes, the Chiefs were able to coast to a commanding win. This week, the Chiefs will be taking on the Inlet Grove Hurricanes, a team who also has improved.

This matchup was supposed to take place last season as well, but due to COVID, the game was canceled. This team also won their kickoff classic game and has an overall different look from last season as they had a 2-7 season.

Quarterback Legend Felican led the way for them with five touchdown passes in their dominating win over the Central Stallions out of Orlando. Both teams have gained a lot of attention in the county and are looking forward to making a statement Friday night.

A very big factor for the Chiefs Friday will be their offense who is led by 3-star quarterback Will Prichard. Will has made an immediate impact on this team, along with the running backs, Curtis Douglas and Derrick “D2” Williams.

Both of these guys had touchdowns last week and are hungry for more against Inlet. On the opposing side, Inlet Grove has slowly developed one of the best wide receiver groups in the county. With guys such as 3-star Illinois University commit TJ Lott, TJ Mann, and Kian Johnson, Legend Felican’s job can be easy at times when it comes to finding the open man.

On the defensive side of the ball, the Chiefs will be ready to unleash new additions: AnaTay Smith, Sylvester “Trey” Banks, and Amir Gibson.

These three defensive backs are incredible with their speed, and technique, and are overall great playmakers that are going to be very important for the Chiefs. Along with linebacker/defensive end Kedrick Burley and linebacker/strong safety Anderson Eliscar, who are two guys that are very essential to the Chiefs defense.

For the Hurricanes, Cornerback Malik Willis, who joined their team a few months ago, is very skilled and will help Inlet’s secondary and overall defense. Along with linebackers Christian Martin and Sam Bryant who have had early success for the Hurricanes. This game is definitely going to be one you’re going to want to see.

Make sure to get your tickets on gofan.com or in the gym during both lunches.

Score Predictions:

Chiefs 35- Hurricanes 27

Chiefs 46 – Hurricanes 23

Chiefs 35- Hurricanes 21

Chiefs 7 – Hurricanes 25

Chiefs 35 – Hurricanes 14

Chiefs 21 – Hurricanes 14

Chiefs 42 – Hurricanes 7

Chiefs 42 – Hurricanes 24