Save The Date!
  • Graduation: 05/14
  • No School: 05/27
  • End of 4th Quarter: 05/30

Chiefs in The Bayou!

Tameka Robinson

Our football team had the experience of a lifetime on September 14th. The team took a trip to New Orleans to play against Louisiana’s #1 team, John Curtis Christian, as well as tour several Louisiana universities.

The Chiefs left Fort Lauderdale airport early Thursday morning and landed in New Orleans around 8:00 a.m. After that, we waited for the buses to pick us up from the airport and take us to Louisiana State University. We arrived at LSU, and I was extremely excited for the tour. The campus is beautiful, and walking through the locker room and onto the game field made me feel as though I were really getting ready to play a game. Once we left LSU, we were transported to Southern University, an HBCU in Louisiana. We were able to have a tour of Southern’s facilities too, and ended up having lunch there. Overall, it was a great trip!

Once we left Southern, we were transported to our hotel to check-in. We finally were able to relax for a bit until it was time for team dinner. We were called down for team dinner around 8 o’clock, which lasted until 9-9:30. After that, we went back to our rooms and got some rest.

When the morning came, we got dressed, and came back downstairs to eat team breakfast, which was provided by the hotel we were in. Once we finished eating breakfast, we waited for the bus to pick us up and take us to Tulane University. I’ve been in the past, and it is still a very nice universitym, and their facilities are amazing. We took pictures on their game field, and once the bus came, we got back on it and went back to the hotel. When we got back to the hotel, it was time to prepare for the game. We got all of our things together for the game and headed over to John Curtis for a pregame meal provided by the school. After that, we headed over to Zephyrs Stadium and got ready to play. The game wasn’t the outcome that we wanted, but overall, it was a great experience for our program.