Santaluces vs. Palm Beach Lakes

Allison Bower
A picture of a basketball

Thanksgiving Shootout

As part of the Santaluces Thanksgiving Shootout, the Santaluces High School varsity basketball team played the Palm Beach Lakes Rams at home. Unfortunately for the Chiefs, it was a challenging encounter that ended with a final score of 67-41 in favor of Palm Beach Lakes.

From the opening tip-off, the Chiefs found themselves challenged by the relentless offensive onslaught of Palm Beach Lakes. Despite their best efforts, Santaluces struggled to match the pace set by their opponents. Despite scoring 11, 12, 9, and 9 points in each quarter, Santaluces ultimately could not close the gap against Palm Beach Lakes.

Top Performers of the Night

Decarious Jenkins (Sr): In his 18 minutes on the court, Jenkins proved to be a force, contributing 7 points, 11 field goals made at an impressive 64% accuracy, 3 assists, 2 steals, and 6 turnovers.

Marc-nel Pierre Louis (Sr): Louis made his presence felt in his 7 minutes of play, contributing 2 points, attempting 5 field goals with a 40% accuracy, securing 5 rebounds, and dishing out 3 assists.

Joshua Maldonando (Sr): Maldonando, with 5 minutes of play, added 2 points, attempted 5 field goals with a 40% accuracy, and contributed 1 steal.

Going Forward

As the Chiefs reflect on this challenging encounter, this game serves as a roadmap for their improvement. With a season record of 1-2, Santaluces High School’s basketball team remains focused on learning from each game, growing stronger as a unit, and pursuing success in the remaining battles of the season. The Thanksgiving Shootout may have ended in a defeat but the Chiefs are steadfast in their commitment to grow.