Saving on Senior Year

Sarah Winters

Seniors celebrating winning the spirit stick in their last pep rally.

Lauren Klemowich, Staff Writer

As the 2019-2020 school year comes to an end, the class of 2020 will soon be able to walk across the stage and receive their diploma. There are a few things that can help seniors to end off their last four years of high school with a bang.

These things include: prom, Grad Bash, cap and gowns, and a yearbook. However, none of these events and items are free. Because of this, the prices can add up fast and feel as though you are drowning in expenses.

A great way to combat this feeling is to buy early on. Prom, cap and gowns, and yearbooks all increase in price as the school year goes on. Buying now will save you in the long run. 

Prom tickets are already on sale for $75. Prices will increase as it gets closer to the date. The week of prom, April 13th- 22nd, tickets will reach $95.00 Buying early can save you a total of $20.00. You also have to take into account buying an outfit and if you get your hair and makeup done. If you are going to prom, a prom packet is needed. Taking a date from another school? When you bring money, you need their Id and a completed packet from them.

Yearbooks have been on sale since the beginning of the school year. If you have not bought one yet though the price has increased to $85.00 and could be even higher as it gets closer to the end of the year. Buying a yearbook is a great way to look back at your high school years when you get older. You can purchase one in Ms. Fouchet’s room or online at yearbookordercenter.com 

Caps and Gowns are required for graduation. Herff Jones has multiple packages including a plaque package that includes the cap and gown and your diploma on a plaque. If you wait to purchase these packages, the price will increase. Herff Jones will be visiting school on certain days or you can order online.

Grad Bash tickets do not go up in price, however, they will be taken off the market on March 6th. Grad Bash is only $140. With the ticket, you get transportation and your ticket into two parks: Universal Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios. The trip is a great way to end off senior year. You are surrounded by all other seniors and can hang out with your friends one last time before you walk across the stage to receive your diploma. Remember, if you are going to buy a ticket, you need a Grad Bash packet filled out. Bring your packet and money to Ms. Fouchet’s room.

Buying sooner than later is a great way to save money, especially when the prices for everything adds up. However, even if you can not afford these things, it is not the end of the world. You can still have a good and memorable senior year.