Save The Date!
  • Graduation: 05/14
  • No School: 05/27
  • End of 4th Quarter: 05/30

What’s New with Olivia Rodrigo?

Liliana Stollberg
A picture of the inside of the “Sour” vinyl cover.

At the age of twenty, Olivia Rodrigo continues to shock people with all her major accomplishments. She began to earn fame in 2016 from her lead role in the Disney Channel show “Bizardvark.” She went on to play another lead role in “High School Musical: The Musical: The Series,” for which she also wrote songs. This started her career as a singer-songwriter.  

In 2021, she released her first album, “Sour”. This album was an immense success and earned five awards including the Grammy Award for Best Pop Vocal Album and the People’s Choice Award for Favorite Album. Rodrigo went on the Sour Tour in the spring of 2022. 

After two long years, fans were ecstatic at the announcement of Rodrigo’s new album, “GUTS”, this past June. The album was released on September 8th, 2023. This new album has already contributed to the long list of awards Rodrigo has received. At the MTV Video Music Awards this past week she won the Best Editing award for the music video of her new song “Vampire“. She was also nominated for six other awards. 

With Rodrigo earning so much attention, her increasing number of fans can’t wait for the next time they see her perform live. Luckily, on September 13th the Guts World Tour was announced. She is coming to Florida for shows in both Miami and Orlando. Remi Wolf, Chappell Roan, The Breeders, and PinkPantheress will be touring with Rodrigo. You can register for presale tickets for this once-in-a-lifetime tour on the Ticketmaster website.

Evelyn Portillo, a sophomore here at Santalues High School, said, “I am so excited for the GUTS tour because I didn’t get the opportunity to go to the Sour tour, and I can’t wait to scream along with Olivia.” I think many people would agree with this statement and can’t wait to see where Olivia Rodrigo’s fame takes her next.