My Perfect Game Day Playlist!

Saving for either Entertainment or Advice & Opinion on 01/26
Gabriela Martinez
A screenshot of my game day playlist

As a softball player, pre-game playlists are essential for my performance on the field. A good playlist will get you in a game-ready mood, full of energy and focused. These are my top ten songs that you should add to your game-day tunes. 

1.  Glock In My Lap by 21 Savage and Metro Boomin.

If focused were a song, it would be this one. The vibe provided by this selection is immaculate and prepares me for a game’s challenges. 

2.  Jimmy Cooks by Drake, featuring 21 Savage. 

This song is the type of song that you unknowingly bob your head to, with a one-of-a-kind beat drop and a hyped feeling. 

3.  HVN ON EARTH by Lil Tecca with Kodak Black.

HVN ON EARTH has such a different and unique sound, and my team and I agree that it motivates us before practices and games. 

4. One Mic One Gun by Nas and 21 Savage.

I am particularly fond of this song; my sister recommended it to me and I have loved it ever since. This selection gives off an uplifting feeling for any time of the day and is perfect for game night. 

5. Dream On by Aerosmith

This song might have caught you by surprise, judging by the last four, but it’s a classic, and I wouldn’t forgive myself if I didn’t include it. There isn’t any other way to describe this song than unstoppable. 

6 . 7 Nation Army by The White Stripes 

For this piece, I am aware it is not everyone’s cup of tea, but it is a masterpiece that deserves recognition. This song emits confidence and a kick-butt spirit. 

7 . I Can’t Save You (Interlude)[with Future & feat. Don Toliver]

Softball hitting practice slaps whenever I blast this song. The incredible beat really gets me in a focused yet electric mood. 

8 . Stir Fry by Migos

A certain nostalgia surrounds this song that lifts my mood so high. Having a perfect attitude for a game is essential, and this song helps. 

9 . 20/20 by Lil Tjay

This song is a great motivator for any part of the day; I play it in the hallway and during game day warm-ups. 

10 .  SAY MY GRACE by Metro Boomin with Travis Scott

Last but not least, I recently heard this song for the first time and immediately fell in love with it. I’m sure you will, too.